Tuesday, December 21, 2004

 

Stickin it to the man!

I think Martha Stewart got screwed.

It was a case of overzealous little people stickin it to the man.

But that's just an aside. I like Martha because she pursues perfection, and that's a good thing.

What's this got to do with drinking Bloody Marys? Nothing. And Everything.

My wife and I are foodies. Austin is a good place to be such a person.

I never had a bloody mary in my life that didn't suck until I went to New Orleans to Commander's Palace. The one I had their knocked me out. It was perfection. So I bought their cookbook and proceeded to make my own in their style back home.

The problem is that it takes about 6 weeks to do so. Making your own hot sauce, worchestershire sauce, tomato juice, seasoned salt and garnishes from scratch takes a bit of time. Just the worchestershire sauce alone has about 15 ingredients.

When done, it is perfection, so Amanda and I redubbed it The Bloody Martha.

And it sent me on a quest. Where is the best bloody mary in Austin Texas? And can the bartender prepare it in less than 6 weeks?
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?